Benten was born in Denver and raised in Pueblo, CO. He recently graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a degree in Business Administration and Human Resource Management. While living in Boulder, Benten worked with the homeless at The Carriage House day shelter, serving the hopeless and needy of the city. In June of 2011, Benten began working as an intern at Sox Place through a leadership development program hosted by Mile Hi Ministries and began working as part of the team in August of 2011.
Benten’s hope for those he encounters is that they will see themselves as God sees them – truly loved and deeply valued..
- What are your five favorite songs of all time? – Sigh no More by Mumford and Sons, Son of the Morning by Oh, Sleeper, Nothing Better by the Postal Service, Amazing Grace, Leap by The Cave Singers.
- What is a book you recently read and a quote or lesson learned from it? – Radical by David Platt. Platt explains that the life Jesus calls us to is not meant to be comfortable or easy in any way. We are not meant to chase after the “American Dream” or seek worldly things. He asks us to sacrifice everything, even to the point of death, in order to follow Him.”
- Who is your favorite fictional character?– Batman
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?– Pulling weeds
- What is your favorite summertime treat?– Ice cream