Doyle, who was born in Texas and grew up in Arkansas, moved to Denver from Springfield, MO, then spent 3 1/2 years doing outreach on the 16th Street Mall before opening up Sox Place along with Jordan in May 2002. Doyle has been working with youth for almost 40 years in various surroundings and from all walks of life. His passion is to reach those who are lost, those who are not wanted, those who have been cast aside, and love those who are unloved.
Doyle believes in making a difference where you are, to those God brings into your path. He feels that to do nothing for those around him, with all that God has given him, is to fail miserably in life. Doyle would like people to say at his funeral: “Doyle added value to people around him.”
- What are your five favorite songs of all time? – “Long Cool Woman,” “Carry On Wayward Son,” “It Is Well With My Soul,” “Amazing Grace,” “The Messiah Will Come Again”
- What is a book you recently read and a quote or lesson learned from it? -Success Kills by Wayde Goodall, “The preoccupation of the day and our choice not to hear those around us can cause us to miss some very special people – and opportunities.”
- Who is your favorite fictional character?– Foghorn Leghorn
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?– Filing
- What is your favorite summertime treat?– Sugar Free Popsicle