Can’t live with it; can’t live without it.
It can be painful and frustrating at times, but it’s gotta be done: Fundraising. We can’t do what we do without the financial support of the community.
As we mentioned in our most recent Newsletter, our Annual Fundraiser that was scheduled for February 21 has been canceled. But we have new, exciting fundraising opportunities in the making. Here are a few that you can get involved in right now:
Beginning the evening of Thursday, February 21st and ending the evening of Monday, February 25th, you will have the opportunity to participate in Sox Place’s first online auction. To view the auction items and to see how the auction works, click here. If you wish to participate in the auction, you will need to create an account by clicking on the Log In button in the top right corner of the link.
Our auction items include, but are not limited to:
While most of these items are local, we will be hosting more online auctions in the future with a variety of items.
Do you like Groupon or other discount sites? Would you like to get Groupon-like discounts that also helps out Sox Place? Check out SoRewarding. Here’s what to do:
1. Click on the link and sign up.
2. “Follow” Sox Place by searching for Sox Place in the search bar and clicking the orange “Join” button.
3. Regularly check out the discounts. When you find something you want, hit “buy,” then select Sox Place as the nonprofit you want a percentage of proceeds to go to (this will be on the left-hand side).
4. Tell all your friends, post on Facebook, etc.
5. If you are a merchant (or know one in the Denver area), you can post your discounts through SoRewarding and help out Sox Place even more!
FYI: SoRewarding is currently only in the Denver area, but they hope to expand.
We have used GivingFirst in the past, mainly to promote Colorado Gives Day, but did you know you can give throughout the year through GivingFirst? Why you might want to: